CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.11.08

Terrified....

"Diva, why aren't you eating? why is your lunch box still full?"
"I'm not hungry mum"
"But there must be a reason why you aren't hungry, your drink bottle is still full"
Yep this was my conversation with my 7 year old daughter last night at the table, after pushing and pushing a very angry little girl yells "Because I dont want to get fat"
I can taste vomit...I feel sick...omg she is only 7 why the hell would she be saying that....so we go along and talk about this, the whole time I am terrified, sick, terrified again I explain to her that in order for her heart to work ok and her organs and stuff she needs to eat and drink.. Her response? "But I just want to be middle size mum, I dont want to get fat" :(
This is so much bigger than me and my "I think I'm doing ok" mothering skills...

We do have a plan of attack so to speak...I'm organising outside help, this isnt something I can just sit back and think its a phase...if it is awesome, and i cant wait for it to end..if its not Im gonna need a whole lot of strength to get through this.

I'm terrified....

2 comments:

Rachy said...

omg tam... I totally know that feeling and its awful! You are an awesome mum and the best thing you can do is keep being the awesome mum you are. Sending huge hugs to you and diva! MWAH!

Stacia Howard said...

Oh wow! I cant believe a 7 year old has this worry. My heart breaks for yall. I see that you talked to someone so maybe you feel a lil better. love you